Spring 2022 Soccer Information
Online Registration is from January 1st - February 21st ~ Fee $50.00
From registration is from January 21st - February 21st ~ Fee $50.00
Register online @ sulphurspringssoccer.org or drop the forms off at Hibbett Sports
Forms can be printed from the website or picked up at Hibbett Sports
• Why is the Association requiring a birth certificate? The North Texas State Soccer Association (NTXSA) is mandating that we have a birth certificate on file for every child uploaded in Gotsoccer. If we received one from you before, you are good. If we do not receive a birth certificate by February 21, 2022, your child will not be entered in the draft.
• How are teams formed? Players may return to their 2021 Fall team only. All other players will be placed by means of a blind draft. ***** If the coach DOES NOT return, the team and/or players will be placed in the draft pool.*****
• What size ball will my child use? U6 - U8 - #3, U10 - U12 - #4, and U14 - U16 - #5
• Equipment: All players must wear shin guards under their socks. Baseball, softball, and football cleats are not allowed because of the toe cleat. The cleat may be cut off and then they will be acceptable. No exceptions! This is for the safety of the players.
• When will the season start/end? Practices will begin at the coaches’ discretion. Games will start on March 26, 2022. The season will end with a tournament for U8 and up. The date of the tournament has yet to be determined.
• Where will games be played? All games will be played at Coleman Park, during daylight hours. We try to schedule games only on Saturdays, however, on occasion, there are games on a weekday or Sunday afternoon. Fields may be set up outside of Coleman Park in extreme cases of bad weather.
• When will my coach contact me? Draft will be held the week of February 26th. All coaches are asked to contact their team promptly. If your coach hasn’t contacted you by March 5th please send an email to email@example.com
• What does the registration fee cover? Registration fees are used to cover the cost of Jerseys, Insurance/North Texas Assoc. dues, City of Sulphur Springs usage fees for the fields, trophies for U6 and 1st and 2nd place for tournament, and referee expenses.
• I would like to coach my child’s team however, I don’t know anything about soccer! We find that many parents are willing to give of their time to coach but do not feel adequately equipped to do so. We will provide a Coaches Clinic that can assist you with player development, drills, practice organization, and ideas for practice places, as well as understanding the laws of the game. YouTube is a great place to pulls drills from!
• Coaches Clinic: TBA. More information to be provided at draft.
• I may be interested in refereeing, what do I do? The SSSA requires that you be at least a Grade 8 or 9 certified referee with the NTSSA (go to www.northtxsoccer.org for more info on age requirements and costs).
We are here to help you! If you have any further questions, email: